Delicious and easy to prepare lamb and pistachio kofta. Serve with your favorite middle eastern sides. We love our lamb kofta’s served with tabbouleh and cucumber yogurt.
These lamb kofta are gluten free, egg and dairy free. A great source of flavorsome protein, perfect for meals with a good set of sides and a great finger food or light snack option.
Will make approximately 15 kofte
700 gr Lamb mince
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup finely chopped parsley
1 small chilli sliced
3/4 cup crushed pistachio nuts
2 tbs olive oil
Salt & Pepper to season
1 tbs olive oil (for the cooking stage)
- In a large bowl add the lamb mince, coriander seeds, cumin, fennel seeds, cinnamon, parsley, chilli, pistachios and olive oil together. Finish with add of salt and pepper to season.
- Using your hands, mix until all ingredients are combined equally.
- Individually roll the kofta in the palms of your hands using approximately one overfilled tablespoon as a measure.
- Set aside, cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a skillet pan heat 1 tablespoon of oil until hot.
- Cook the lamb koftas for approximately 4-5 minutes whilst turning on each side.
Lamb & Pistachio Kofta Video online: